MemberFee: No fee for Member Agencies, $325.00 for Non-Member Agencies
Contact: Non-Member Agencies Register with Legal & Liability Risk Management Institute online at: www.llrmi.com/events/
Leadership is not an easy task in the best of times, but in challenging times we are facing currently in law enforcement the best in leadership skills are needed. We will look at key principles all leaders should strive for as they prepare to make a difference in their law enforcement organization, especially under the current
public scrutiny. This presentation will focus on individuals who are students of leadership and want to grow as individual leaders addressing their motivation for achieving and maintaining a high level of professionalism and leadership skills utilizing ethical decision-making.
• Leadership a Primer – By examining in detail the definition of leadership and focusing on the characteristics of great leaders and the levels of leadership the student will be able to identify those characteristics they need to develop and those that suit them best.
Questions covered in this block will include:
• Born Leaders v. Learned Leaders?
• Learning from your Mistakes, “The Eraser Principle”
• What every Leader should stop doing!
• Leadership Case Study – To develop the officers toward leading ethically, a case study of several leadership styles is critiqued to help officers identify themselves the characteristics of success and the pitfalls of certain traits. Students will determine their Desires v. Abilities, Strengths v. Weaknesses, the differences and what will make the most impact!
• Characteristics of Great Leaders – Law enforcement leaders will gain a valuable understanding of leadership by examining their leadership style and looking at leadership characteristics in detail to implement in their daily lives.
Topics covered will include: goals, responsibility, work ethic, principle, self-discipline, cooperation, improvement, sacrifice, listening skills, competition, honesty, excellence, attitude, morale and legacy.
• Winning Leadership – Everyone wants to be a winner, but winning takes practice, practice, practice. This block of instruction will give the daily workout plan to be a winning leader.
This block will cover the “How To” concept:
How to be a great boss!
How to win with your subordinates immediately!
How to “kill” your best employees!
How to create loyal employees!
How to delegate and not irritate!
How to prioritize effectively and successfully!
How to be a Courageous Leader!