MemberFee: No fee for Member Agencies, $425.00 for Non-Member Agencies
Contact: Non-Member Agenices - Register with Public Agency Training Council online at: www.patc.com
Sexual deviant behavior is “need” driven behavior. Sex offenders repeat their crimes because of this “need”. Therefore, there a exists a high probability of additional victims. Officers investigating and interviewing persons committing sex crimes, including sexual homicides, must understand the nature of this “need” driven behavior in order properly investigate and hold these sex offenders criminally responsible.
The core objective of this course is not to gain insight or understanding about why sex offenders act out against victims in order to help or treat them, but to recognize and assess how sex offenders act out against the victims in order to identify, arrest, and convict them. To reach this core objective, participants will be provided with what evidence to look for, whether there are additional victims, how to identify those victims, how to interview a suspect and what additional measures must be taken in the investigative process.
• Societal Expectations as it Pertains to Socially Accepted or Unaccepted Behaviors
• Normal Sexual Behavior verses Deviant Sexual Behavior – Established Customs and the Evolution of Change
• Clinical Approach to Sexual Deviancy – Laypersons Understanding of Diagnosis and Intervention
• Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders – A Useful Tool for Law Enforcement Defining Paraphilic Behaviors
• Offender Dichotomies – Understanding Those Who Offend
• Sexual Deviancy – A Practitioner’s Understanding of the Role of Deviant Behavior in Violent Crime
• Developing Behaviorally Based Interview Strategies – Key to Admissions and/or Confessions
• The Mindset of the Interviewer – Avoiding Biases and Prejudices
• Foundational Components of the Interview Process
• Paralogical Reasoning – Dealing with Rationales during the Interview
• Proper Documentation and Disclosure of Admissions and Confessions
** Non-Member Agencies – Please register with Public Agency Training Council online at: www.patc.com. There is a fee of $425.00 for those from non-member agencies to attend.