This course will provide the officer with the basic traffic crash investigation skills to conduct a thorough scene investigation.
Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Have the ability to identify, collect and document the physical evidence at a traffic crash scene.
- Be able to complete a field sketch and properly measure a traffic crash scene
- Be able to complete a scaled diagram that accurately represents the post collision scene.
- Be familiar with drag factor and coefficient of friction.
- Be able to make basic speed estimates of vehicles involved in traffic crashes.