MemberFee: No Fee for Members
Contact: (309) 268-8430 or email@example.com
** Prerequisite: The attendee must have taken the Building Search Tactics course utilizing their pistol prior to taking the rifle deployment course.
This course is designed for patrol officers and builds on the Building Search Tactics course. Whether the call is for an alarm, a cold burglary, or a hostage scenario, building search tactics are very similar. This course will provide officers an opportunity to learn and practice tactics in order to safely and tactically search a building with the focus being on deploying a rifle during the search.
Attendees will participate in scenarios involving solo, two man, and four man searches.
• Better understand tactical decision making
• Show proficiency in solo officer search skills
• Show proficiency in two man search skills
• Improve weapons handling during searches
• Improve handheld/weapon light use
• Assessing and properly engaging targets
• Post contact handling of suspects
Required student equipment:
• Eye Protection
• Duty Belt
• Patrol Rifle with Sling (simunition conversion kits will be provided for use during the course)
• Pistol with Magazine
** Certificate of Insurance is required from each participating agency prior to class.
** The maximum number of students for this course is 10.